Thursday, August 28, 2008

digital doom

My TV is eight years old. It has a VCR built into it. I get four channels with an antenna that only has one ear (anteni?). I'm okay with this. But now everywhere you turn its February this, digital converter box that. I decided not to get one and just be TVless, whatever. Then I got a coupon and it was only $10.00, so I went and got one. The big selling point was that the box comes with a remote. I do not have a TV remote, just one for the DVD player. This will be important later.

So, my dad ordered the coupon and I went and picked it up yesterday before work. After work I decided to install it. Problem one: I need a power strip. Four things can't be plugged in to two jacks people! No big deal, easily fixable. I breeze through instillation lalala, this is SO easy, I'm a technological wizard! Now just turn the sucker on. Problem two: To set it up the TV must be turned to channel 3. My channel 3 is not programmed. I have no remote. OK, I start pushing buttons on the front of the TV. Menu, yes! Add/Delete channels, yes please! Problem three: Delete is the default, and I cannot get it to go to add. Why won't it go to add?

Conclusion: I cannot get my converter box to work. And I accidentally deleted channel 8 in all the confusion. In my quest to get more channels I now get less.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Now you can't watch Big Brother! Not that you could anyway, I guess...since it's on school nights.

googoobeans said...

I know, sucky. I have to depend on people to keep me updated.

Unknown said...

You should try to win a tv in a contest. Yes, that's the ticket.

googoobeans said...

Maybe I should send my posts to Best Buy or something and they will feels sorry for me, then realize it's marketing gold and design an add campaign centered around me.