Monday, August 4, 2008

Book Review- Breaking Dawn

Don't read if you want to read the book!

The final book in the Twilight series came out on Friday at midnight. Lot's of you might not be familiar with this series. It's possible that you are how I once was; mocking and judgemental of the fools who could get caught up in a book about teenage vampire love. You are so so wrong. While I agree this series may not be for everyone, most people I've talked to that read it absolutely love it. Including me. That's what led me to pre-order the fourth and final book, and pick it up at 12:30 Friday night/Saturday morning. That's why ever time I looked at it in the next 24 hours I kind of giggled insanely, not believing it was finally here.

I finished it Sunday afternoon. It is 768 pages. I did do other things besides read last weekend. I went to breakfast with my dad, Festa Italiana Saturday night. The grocery store Sunday morning, and watched some of the Yankees game that afternoon at my grandma's house. I probably wouldn't be so desperate to get it done, but I work around people who are reading it, and I didn't want to find out anything about it before I was finished.

I liked it. It's not getting the best reviews online, and I think it lacked some of the feeling of the first three books. It had some more adult themes and sometimes I felt like the author was pushing her views a little. She's a Mormon. It was long but I obviously never lost interest. I will say that of the four books in the series, this was probably my least favorite, but I love them all so that isn't really saying much.

If you ever want to feel a little like a teen again, read this series. If you are reading/or have read it let me know what you think.

No comments: