Tuesday, August 12, 2008

random weekend doings

I don't have the Internets at home, so posting on the weekend is a bit difficult. I'm also quite lazy. Here are some things that happened to me this weekend:

I realized I was reading Vegetarian Times while eating a double cheeseburger. Awkward.

I went to a wedding reception that was wildly awesome, oh and guess who the brides step father was. The CEO of Wendy's (actually a company that owns Wendy's and I think Arby's among other things). He makes about fifteen million dollars a year.
He and his wife sat and looked on as rowdy east siders made good use of the open bar. Thanks Bob!

Saturday I hung out with my sister and four year old nephew. He does entertaining things like wildly waiving his light saber while chanting, "lets cut open the cats belly!"

I took Monday off to do stuff for school and went to lunch with my mom. Julie and I had a potluck dinner and it was great! I can't wait for lunch to eat leftovers.

That about sums it up. What did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

shawn said...

....my weekend was bitter/sweet. The sweet is that I dropped a very beautiful young woman off at the airport - heading east - all the while reminiscing the past five weeks with her. The air is rain fresh sweet and lovely to breathe because of her. The bitter is that i probably won't be able to see this person for at least five weeks or longer. Sunday night I had the opportunity to exhibit at the IA State fair - what an interesting, fun experience.....

Anonymous said...

Awkward! Love it.

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I slept. And watched the Olympics obsessively. And slept.

Anonymous said...

Love, I would not call our Monday night dinner a "potluck" ...that is how I know you are an Eastsider....I am teasing! But it was great hanging out! I cant wait for Friday!!!

googoobeans said...

Julie: What would you call it? Just supper? I can't wait either!