Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And so it begins.

School mockery time. So I had to stop by the old GVC this morning to talk to a professor about a class I'm going to be a peer leader for. It went well, but afterwards I was hoping to meet up with my advisor to ask a few questions. Ha.

He, I'll call him Jude, is a little kooky. Hilariously awesome, but kooky none the less. Good quality in friends and maybe an uncle, not so much in someone whose job it is to advise you on important academic decisions. Now, to his credit my inability to locate him isn't his fault. See, GVC decided to build this new building, they made the professors from two other buildings box up all of their belongings with the promise this new building would be ready by August. It isn't. So, these professors have no office, no phones, no computers, basically nothing. Not the best situation five days before classes begin.

Anyway, I'm in the library and I ask another homeless professor if she has seen Jude around, she hasn't. She asks why and I tell her I want to add/drop a class. She tells me to run and get a form and she'll sign it (I don't think she's supposed to do that). So I head out the door. Seconds later she's running after me, she scribbles her signature and tells me to sign it for her (we are really not supposed to do that).

So, before classes even begin I learned my first lesson: forgery.

5 comments:

shawn said...

Very funny! Leave it to GVC!

Unknown said...

Yes, leave it to GVC!

You'll have to tell me who it was that had you forge the signature. I'm dying to know!

Anonymous said...

LOL... My advisor signed a blank sheet once and let me do what I wanted. And another time I needed to add on class and drop another, she told me just to write her initials on the form. It's seemingly a tradition...

googoobeans said...

I know!

Missy- I don't think it's tradition, I'm pretty sure it's the same person.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! That's doesn't surprise me at all!