Tuesday, August 5, 2008

who does that? oh right, me.

Since I'm telling dumb stories about myself I thought this one should be added as well. It's from a few years ago, but I was just reminded of it tonight. I'm at my friend Julies and she was telling me about how her three year old spilled laundry detergent all over the carpet.

At my old apartment I was doing laundry one day and was taking the basket out of the laundry room. I noticed a red liquid stain on the side. Thinking nothing of it I wiped it up with my finger and licked it!
Who does that? My only excuse is that for some reason I thought it was jelly. Never mind that I do not own jelly, or that even if it was jelly who licks jelly of a laundry basket?

Needless to say it was not jelly, and I got slightly ill. What was it? I have no idea. It didn't really have a taste, and kinda made my tongue numb. When I called my parents for some sympathy, and adult advise on whether or not I needed to call poison control, they could not have been more appalled. Let's keep in mind I was 24 at the time. Perhaps if I had been 2 they would have understood better...

I learned my lesson that day, and now I'm passing it on to you. Do not lick strange things you find in your apartments laundry room, it's just a bad idea.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, can't say I've ever licked strange liquids from a laundry area. I did once accidentally drink my grandfather's scotch and soda when I was 10, though. I thought it was sprite. WRONG!

googoobeans said...

Yuck. Did he think it was funny?

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good tip, since I'm new to this whole 'apartment living' thing...