Friday, August 15, 2008

The Fair

I stopped by the fair yesterday morning- my first time this year. I love it. Here are some things you only see/do at the fair:

A group of people eating breakfast around 10:30. Pretty normal right? The guy standing there talking to them was having a beer.

Having cheese curds at 9:30 in the morning.

A food stand advertising "lamb" outside the sheep barn. I don't understand people's desire to eat the live animal they have just seen. I am never like, "look at that sheep, wish I could eat me some of that." This also is the norm outside that pig barn and the cattle barn.

A guy I was buying candied apples from asking me if I was planning on getting into a fight later. Apparently on the midway candied apples are considered a weapon.

I was about to "vote" with a kernel of corn. An old guy said, "gimme some corn I wanna vote for McCain. Which ones for McCain?" (They are clearly labeled) "I wouldn't want to vote for that damn Obama!"
So I said: "Don't worry, I'll vote for Obama for you."
I don't know if he heard me, but the guy giving out corn thought it was pretty funny.

That's all I can think of right now, I'm probably going back tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have another fair post soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, that sounds like good times at the Fair!

Did you have any fried twinkies?

googoobeans said...

No! I have a very unfortunate illness that does not allow me to enjoy such delicious treats.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that it was a little cruel to make the animals smell their own kind of meat cooking.