Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Get Smart

My campus has a new building that is very technology oriented. Lights are motion censored, smart boards are used, very 21st century. I have had a class in there all semester after spending most of my college career in a building full of chalkboards. This is a big change.

Last night I started a new class in another building that I haven't really been in before. I got there early to work on the computer, but the room was dark. Seeing that the room was full of computers, and did in fact have a smart board, I figured they must be motion lights. I started walking around hoping the lights would pop on, but they did not. Sighing I set down my tea and bag and jumped around where I thought the sensor might be. Nothing. Then I actually said aloud, "stupid smart room." I went to another building only to discover the computers were down. Maybe that's why the lights didn't come on, I thought, maybe it's all connected. I went back to my building and stood around in the hallway, as opposed to sitting alone in an empty dark room. Another student entered the room and I watched eagerly to see how he would react. He reached over and flicked on the light switch.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Remind me not to have you run the smart board during class.

googoobeans said...

I think I would be okay with a little instruction.

Kati said...

you should send stories like these to SNL so they can have a regular skit dedicated to them. that would bring me back as a regular watcher.

googoobeans said...

But who would play me? Is the lady that did Debbie Downer still on SNL? People always said I looked like her...not a huge compliment.

Anonymous said...

Blasted technology.