Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh yeah, I'm a dork

This weekend I was at my parents looking through old pictures. I need a picture for work and it's supposed to be from high school, but younger staff can use one from age ten on to make it harder to guess. Going through the box of photos I noticed that from the age of five to around sixteen there were no pictures of me. None. I was giving my parents a hard time because there seemed to be tons of my siblings, what's the deal? (This might be a good time to mention that I have a textbook case of middle child syndrome). They looked at me like I was crazy and my dad said, "You never wanted to be in them, you were so shy." I kinda yeah whatevered them and forgot about it.

This morning, I'm brushing my teeth listening to the radio and all of a sudden I was like; oh my god as a child I got grounded twice. From reading. I am a huge dork. How could I forget my shy nerdish roots? Maybe it's the fact that somewhere along the way reading, documentaries, NPR, and PBS became cool. At least to me. Or maybe I found the right balance of extrovert to mix in with my true loner self. Or it could just be that I grew up, and stopped giving a shit about what other people think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for the last one.

And I was grounded a lot more than twice...

googoobeans said...

from reading?